4 Stars: Homeder 40 Spool Sewing Thread 100% Cotton Assorted Spool Threads Sewing Thread Bobbins Of Colorful Assorted Thread Spool for Embroidery Machine Use

One of my passions is sewing.  I like to make bags and upcycle clothes.  I've tried my hand at sewing my own clothes, but I'm not as good as I'd like to be.  I saw this deal for 40 spools of thread from Homeder on Amazon for only $11.99 and couldn't believe it.  I normally pay between $3 and $6 per spool.  Since I'm always trying to save money, I thought I'd give this thread a try.


The spools come with a pink plastic box with a lid.  The box has holes around the edges, so if you were planning to use this thread for embroidery, you could string the thread through one of the holes.  


I wasn't a big fan of the pink color, but beggars can't be choosers, right?  I'm kind of anti-pink, but that's a whole other story.  Per the description, each spool contains 200 yards of thread, which is more than enough for most sewing projects.  The spools fit perfectly onto my sewing machine.  I sewed a practice project with my machine and the thread and it appears to be strong and not prone to breakage.  This is important because you don't want thread constantly breaking while sewing or for your clothes to fall apart later.


There are 40 colors including 2 metallic spools.  The reason for the 4 stars and the one thing I would change is there isn't a notch on the spools to keep the end of the thread.  Once you've started using a spool, the thread can then unwind easily from the spool.  I ended up using my exacto knife to cut a notch in each spool.





I received this product at a discount for my honest review.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

4 Stars: Clinical Basal Thermometer - BBT-113Ai by iProvèn - ACCURATE 1/100th Degree, Highly SENSITIVE, Perfect Companion for Family Planning

5 Stars: Boomile Solar String Lights 8 Modes 100LED 33ft Copper Wire Lights Waterproof Starry Fairy String Lights Ambiance Lighting for Outdoor Landscape Patio Garden Christmas Wedding (warm white)

4 Stars: Dermatique Purifying Black Mask - Peel-Off Mask - Activated Charcoal, Deep Pore Cleanse for Acne, Oil Control, and Anti-Aging Wrinkle Reduction